Renewable energy is responsible for at least 2% of total energy generation in some countries, 5% of the main energy, and 7% of electricity production.

Wind energy is one of the largest donors of renewable energy. Hydropower and wind energy are responsible for more than 90% of inexhaustible generated electricity in some countries. The abundance of renewable energy in many parts of the world shows that it provides a more significant role in providing electrical power.

Electricity generated from wind energy showed constant growth for the last 16 years. Solar power also showed development, but since it started a few years later, it’s not as effective as wind power yet.

With the right policies and technologies, an extended base for renewable energy is likely to happen.

The Benefits of Renewable Energy

As consumers, we’re going to enjoy numerous benefits when we start to utilize renewable energy.

Firstly, the use of grid meters in homes will encourage direct savings, as you are no longer required to read meters. Any problem will be seen and will be managed locally right away.

Also, you can combine your power needs and power availability. This benefit has proved to decrease power usage by around 7%, and around 15% during the times when demands are at peak.

These savings will lead you to continuous cost savings as you will no longer have to “over-organized” the grid to manage irregular loads, and you can also say goodbye to additional expenses in typical generating stations that are powered by fossil fuels.

Other Benefits of Renewable Energy

  • It is clean. Renewable energy is harnessed from natural sources that are continually replenished. Majority of emissions that play a role in global warming are from electricity, wherein dirty energy is used to harness power. When we burn fossil fuels, increased levels of carbon dioxide and greenhouse gases are released. This affects climate change, global warming, and it degrades the quality of the air we breathe.
  • It helps in reducing energy costs in the future. Natural energy is infinite. We can get solar energy from solar panels, and wind energy from wind turbines. We can convert these energies with minimal effect to the environment. Renewable energy is basically free, but, constructing the proper tools to harness that energy is costly. However, if you think about it, it’s a good investment as the ongoing expenses of generating electricity are relatively low.
  • Households can develop energy independence. Self-produced renewable energy and power storage can aid households in becoming independent from the main electrical grid typically powered by coal. If you install solar panels on your grid-connected business or homes, you decrease your dependence on grid electricity as well as the expenses that go with it.
  • Better opportunities for workers. Working on a site for renewable energy gives workers a healthier place to work in. They won’t be exposed to dangerous chemicals, oil fires, explosions, and more.

Of course, there are still several benefits when we use renewable energy. There is now extensive support for harnessing electricity from a better and greener source. It depends on the expenses and efficacy of the technology when generating power and fortunately for us, these technologies are continually improving. As you can see, the future of renewable energy looks very promising.

References:

https://arena.gov.au/about/what-is-renewable-energy/
http://www.world-nuclear.org/information-library/energy-and-the-environment/renewable-energy-and-electricity.aspx